I survived my first week back at school – all thanks to copious cups of coffee, mind you. I’m actually enjoying being back, especially now that the weather’s so lovely; it feels rather luxurious to bathe in the sunlight streaming through the Sixth Form gardens. The last month or so will still be jam-packed with hard work, but for now I’m enjoying the break whilst I can.
I developed and photographed this for a recipe card brief during my internship over the past few weeks and thought I’d share just a little of what I got up to whilst I was working there.
Last night I attended an 80s themed party and although my head is just a little fragile today – it was a brilliant night. Today is father’s day and we all slept late, relaxed and ate good food. My perfect kind of Sunday. Happy father’s day, daddy.
BAKED SWEET POTATO & HERBED BEANS (serves 2)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 150g mixed beans (I used cooked pinto, cannelloni & kidney beans)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Spring onion, to garnish
- Mix the beans, olive oil, parsley, lemon juice and oregano together and leave in the fridge to marinate.
- Pierce the sweet potato all over a few times with a fork, then cook in the microwave for 5 mins/until soft or in a preheated 180C oven for an hour or so.
- Slice open lengthways and add the marinated beans. Garnish with spring onions, and salt and pepper to taste.